Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Quick and easy gift card holder

This week has been nuts!  I've got so much going on its hard to know where to start, so today's post will be a quickie.  I made this easy gift card holder the other night.  I literally took me 10 minutes to make.
Top Note die gift card holder

The top layer swings open using the brad as a hinge

I got a little carried away with my decorative label punch (but I like the effect!)
To start, I ran two pieces of Always Artichoke cardstock, 2 pieces of the Deck the Halls DSP and a piece of Big Shot multipurpose adhesive sheet through my Big Shot ALL AT THE SAME TIME using my Top Note die.  I adhered one of the DSP die cuts to one of the cardstock die cuts using the adhesive die cut.  I cut the second DSP die cut in half and adhere the outer edges to the last cardstock die cut using sticky strip.  I then punch a 1" strip of always artichoke cardstock using my scalloped edge punch and then used my 1/16" hole punch to punch each scallop I adhered that along the top edge of the half top note DSP.  I laid the two top note pieces on top of eachother, making sure they lined up and punched a small hole at the top using my Crop-a-dile.  I put an antique brad through the hole.  I cut a piece of cherry cobbler seam binding ribbom and a piece of Chantilly Lace trim, layered them on top of eachother and tied a bow.  I adhered the bow just below the brad using Tombow.  I stamped the focal image from the Tags Till Christmas set in Cherry Cobbler on very vanilla cardstock and punched it out using my decorative label punch.  I also stamped the same image in always artichoke and then hand cut out the centre oval.  I adhered that to the cherry cobbler piece using dimensionals.  Then I punched several more decorative labels in always artichoke, cherry cobbler and very vanilla and layered them behind the original image.  I adhered the whole thing to the front of the project.  For the inside sentiment I stamped the image from the Bells and Boughs set in cherry cobbler on very vanilla, punched it out and layered it on another cherry cobbler punch.  I adhered it with dimensionals as well.

That's it...start to finish in under 10 minutes...I think it actually took me longer to type this post than it took me to make this project!

Tomorrow night I am teaching a stamp-a-stack class in Waterloo and will not be home to post.  I will be back by the weekend with some new ideas...I just received an order today!!  Can't wait to play...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...