Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Missing: My Mojo!!

My Mojo seems to have taken an early March break.  Maybe it is on a beach somewhere enjoying the sun I can only dream of.  Where ever it has gone I wish it would hurry back!  I have workshops and classes galore over the next few weeks as well as two new recruits who need help with their first workshops.  This is about as bad a time as there could be for my creativity to take a hiatus!!  If you see it would you please send it my way?
Tonight I sat down to try and design projects for my workshop on Saturday.  Not too pleased with the results, but I'll post them anyway!  Here goes...

Workshop Make-n-Take using the Cottage Garden stamp set.
Close up of the sentiment.
Flower embellishment made with the 5-petal flower punch and a glimmer brad.

Inside of card
So, with this card I was again attempting to create the look of DSP using ink and stamps.  Here is what I did:

Starting with a peach parfait card base, I ran it through my Big Shot with my Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I really love what this simple process does for a card!  Then I took a 5" x 3 3/4" piece of whisper white cardstock, and adhered repositionable notes horizontally about 2/3 of the way down the cardstock.  I then stamped several of the images from the Cottage Garden set using peach parfait, poppy parade and old olive ink.  I took my colour palette from the Sunshine Garden DSP, which coordinates with this stamp set.  I then sponged daffodil delight ink all over the stamped area, ensuring the edges were darkest. . When I took the repositionable notes off, I was left with a rather stark white section, so I sponged peach parfait ink all over to soften the white.  I also sponged poppy parade ink around the edges to give more depth.  I then adhered the stamped panel to my embossed card base.  For the flower, I punched three 5-petal flowers from poppy parade cardstock, curling the petals using the handle of a paint brush.  I sponged the petals with ink of the same colour and glued the layers together with glue dots.  I added a glimmer brad in the centre and adhered the flower to the  card.  For the sentiment, I inked it using my old olive and poppy parade markers, stamped it on a scrap of whisper white and punched it out with my decorative label punch.  I added a few flowers in peach parfait and then sponged the edges in the same colour.  I adhered the label to the card and then added  a little bow in old olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon.
Inside the card I just stamped several of the images I had used on the front in peach parfait ink.
All I can think of when I look at this card is a Hawaiian shirt...maybe that's where my Mojo is!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...