Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Look What I Made...

Tonight's post isn't a card...it isn't even paper!  I had NO time for stamping this weekend...it was all about birthdays!  Saturday was my son's fourth birthday party and Sunday was my SIL's party.  The only down time I had was on Friday night and that wasn't really my own...I had to make Maxwell's (my son's) birthday cake.  He is  a HUGE Lightening McQueen fan (from the Disney movie Cars, for those of you who don't have little boys in your lives) and has been talking about having a Lightening McQueen birthday cake for months.  So, being the super mom I am (NOT!) I bought all the paraphernalia to make my son a Lightening McQueen birthday cake.  Let me tell you, it would have been FAR less expensive to order one from a professional, but hey, then I wouldn't have had the satisfaction of knowing I made my son's cake, right?  Who cares that it took me FOUR hours to decorate?!?  I had nothing better to do on a Friday night after working all week, right?  So...without further complaining...here it is...my first (and last!) cake decorating attempt...

So, whaddya think?  Not bad, eh?  Maxwell was thrilled and, to be honest, his opinion is the only one that matters to me, so it was definitely worth the effort.  Here is a shot of him blowing out his candles at his party...

I REALLY hated putting candles into that cake...I hated cutting it even more!!
...and here's one of his face stained with the black icing from the tires...


Gotta love food colouring!!
 Max's actual birthday isn't until tomorrow, so I am spending the day with him and we are going to make cupcakes to take to his music class tomorrow night.  He is growing up so fast and never ceases to amaze and delight us.  What a blessing this little boy is!  Happy Birthday my sweet boy!




1 comment:

  1. WOW! Great job! That's a lot of work!

    Angel Hawks
    www.MakeSomethingCute.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...