Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Sketch Challenge!

The sketch challenge over at Stamping 411 this week is a simple one that is easily adapted to just about any occasion.  I chose to showcase one of the hostess sets from the new Summer Mini.  First, though, here is the sketch:






...and here is my version using the Love & Care level two hostess set from the NEW Summer Mini:

Card for SSC201 using Love & Care level two hostess set from the Summer Mini.

I love the watercolour-look this set gives.

Inside of card...sentiment is from the Thoughts and Prayers set.
Isn't this pretty?  I have to admit this set was another one I wasn't too crazy about when I first saw it; but, having worked with it, I really love the soft, watercolour-like images it gives.  Very delicate and pretty.  So...here's how I made this card:

Starting with a 2 1/2" x 5" strip of very vanilla cardstock, I stamped the branch image randomly around the edges in sahara sand ink.  I stamped both full strength and stamped  off once and twice to give it depth.  I then stamped the flower stem image, which I inked with my sahara sand, pretty in pink and rose red markers, several times.  Finally, I stamped the blossom image twice, inking it with my pretty in pink and rose red markers as well.  I then sponged the edges in sahara sand.  Setting that aside, I embossed a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of sahara sand using my Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and sponged the edges in sahara sand ink.  I matted that on a 5 3/8" x 4 1/8" piece of rose red cardstock.  I adhered my stamped piece to the embossed sahara sand layer using SNAIL.  I then stamped the sentiment in rose red on a scrap of very vanilla and punched it out with my large oval punch.  I stamped the branch image, second generation, in sahara sand and sponged the edges of the oval.  I mounted it to my cardfront using the oval frame from the Hodgepodge Hardware, securing it with brads.  I then tied a piece of rose red seam binding ribbon around the bottom of the cardfront, finishing it with a bow.  I adhered the whole cardfront to a sahara sand card base.  The final touch was the addition of three pearls just above the ribbon. 
For the inside of the card, I stamped the flower stem and the branch in the lower right corner in the same manner I had done on the front of the card.  I then stamped the sentiment, from the Thoughts and Prayers set, in rose red ink on very vanilla cardstock and punched it out with my large oval punch.  I gave it the same treatment I did the sentiment on the front of the card and then adhered it to a scalloped oval I punched in rose red.  The sentiment element was then adhered in the lower right corner using dimensionals.  I will likely send this card to a friend who is battling breast cancer, in the hopes it will brighten her day the way making it did mine!

9 comments:

  1. I love this set and what you did with the embossing folder! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping by my blog to say hi and give such lovely feedback on my S411 card! I have been scrolling back through your lovely posts ... enjoying the gorgeous creations here! Congrats ... too ... for your Showcase spot! This card is sensational. Love that big pink bow! Another winner???? I need to get cracking on my next submission. Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this set and what you've done with it! The soft look and double colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job with the card, love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Stunning card done with the sketch! I love the colors you used with the Love & Card set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous. What an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My set hasn't arrived yet, but I can't wait to play with it....thanks to you!!! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors that you used together -- so soft and beautiful! Great job with the sketch and with your card! So glad that you played along this week at Stamping 411! Thanks and blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...