Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mojo with a Flourish

Today's card is another one I designed for a couple of online challenges:  this week's Mojo Monday sketch and the Flourish challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  First of all, here is the Mojo sketch:
...and here is my card:


Card for Mojo201 and HSS77 using the Creative Elements stamp set as well as a sentiment from Pursuit of Happiness


Close up of layering detail.
I have to say that as soon as I saw the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments I thought of the new Creative Elements stamp set.  I just love the flourish image in that set; especially because it lends itself to colouring!  That is exactly what I did on this card.  I stamped the flourish and then coloured it using my markers.  I pulled my colour scheme from the Paisley Petals DSP:  cherry cobbler, always artichoke, marina mist and cajun craze.  That certainly isn't a colour combo I would generally choose, but it works so well in the paper I had to give it a go!  I do like the way the stamped image complements the pattern in the DSP behind it and the butterflies just add a touch of whimsy.  The sentiment is from the new Pursuit of Happiness set from the new catalogue...lots of great quotes and sentiments in that set! 
On a completely different note, I have been working on my class line-up for August!  Yes, summer freedom is nearly over and I have to get back to a more regular schedule.  In the next day or so I will post samples and details about two upcoming classes:  my monthly card class (featuring the new Easy Events set) and an introduction to watercolouring class.  Click on the Upcoming Events tab at the top of the page for more information.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love the papers and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the coloring of the flourish. Goes with that dsp great. Thanks for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Leena!
    This is beautiful! Great interpretation of the sketch! Love those patterns in the Paisley Petals paper!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. The coloring really enhanced the flourish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leena, gorgeous card! I love the Petals Paisley DSP and admit I would never have put those colors together either. They are beautiful on your card. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Leena! Your cards are always so wonderfully inspiring and this is no exception. I love the mix of colors and those soft vellum butterflies. The detail in the flourish image is gorgeous, too. Thank you so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...