Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where does the time go?

How is it the end of July already?!?  I feel like summer just got started and here it is half over!  The month of August spells an end to my care-free days and the beginning of ramping up for another school year.  Somehow my brain knows all this and the back-to-school dreams start, like clock-work, on August first...ugh!  Good thing I have my Holiday Mini pre-order to distract me!  I get to place my order for new goodies starting on Monday and boy, do I have a wishlist!!  I'm going to have to pace myself!  In anticipation of all my new Holiday goodies arriving in the next week or so, I've been working on planning my classes and workshops for August and September.  It's been fun to pull out some sets that haven't seen ink in a while and give them a workout.
Today's card is one that uses a brand NEW set...one that I've fallen in love with:  Field Flowers.  It is a two-step-stampin' set that allows you to get multi-coloured images with amazing depth without watercolouring or using markers.  Gotta love something that gets gorgeous results this quickly and easily!  Check it out:

Card using the new Field Flowers and Clearly For You sets with sentiment from Nature's Pace set.
Aren't those flowers pretty???  And SO easy to do...anyone with a couple of colours of ink can do it!   Here is how I put it all together:
Starting with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of First Edition DSP, I stamped the stems twice using always artichoke ink.  Then, using perfect plum, I stamped the solid flower image three times and a fourth time on a piece of scrap DSP.  Following that, I stamped the outline flower image in elegant eggplant right over top of the solid images, not worrying about exact alignment (no Stamp-a-ma-jig for me!).  Finally, I stamped the solid centre image using more mustard.  I then cut out the flower that was stamped on the scrap and adhered it to the larger stamped piece using dimensionals. Then I tore the edges of the stamped piece all the way around, trying to ensure I tore an even amount from each side.  Using the mahogany ink from the distressing kit, I sponged the torn edges.  I then took a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of elegant eggplant cardstock and crumpled and distressed it.  I ran my distressing tool from the cutter kit around the edges and then applied mahogany distressing ink using the rubber applicator to highlight the wrinkles in the paper and the rough edges.  I then adhered the stamped DSP piece, folding down the top left corner and securing it with an antique brad that I had threaded with a little Victoria Lace trim.  I adhered the entire thing to an always artichoke card base that I had also roughed up with my cutter kit tool.  On a piece of scrap very vanilla cardstock I stamped the sentiment from the Nature's Pace set in always artichoke ink.  I punched it out using my large oval punch and then stamped the butterfly and ladybug from the Clearly for You set in elegant eggplant and more mustard respectively.  I sponged the entire oval using the tea stain ink from the distressing kit, added a little library clip and adhered it to my card using dimensionals.
I really like this card!  It may be one that never gets given away...but then again, I have A LOT of cards that I say that about...I only have so much storage space!


3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. The colors are great as is the layout. You could frame it and hang it on the wall; no shelf space wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Leena! I so want everything in the mini and the new catty!!!! Like you I have to pace myself, it's been hard, so I don't have this beautiful set yet! So jealous!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Leena! Love the floral stamping on the DSP!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...