Friday, August 26, 2011

Brithday card for a Four Year Old

My nephew Michael is turning four tomorrow and, of course, my son is invited to the big party at Chuck E Cheese, no less!  He is quite excited as Chuck E's is one of his FAVOURITE places EVER!  This afternoon I sat down to make a birthday card with my son right by my side to make sure I "did it right".  Here is what we came up with:

Michael's birthday card using licensed Disney stamps and Big Top Birthday DSP

Inside of card with sentiments from the Bring on The Cake set
As much as I adore Stampin' Up and all their wonderful stamps, there are times that just call for something that SU doesn't offer.  Today was one of those times.  My son, Maxwell, was determined that his cousin's birthday card have Lightening McQueen on it.  Since SU doesn't do licensed stamps, I pulled out some of Max's stamps and went to town.  It was actually kind of fun colouring in McQueen...except that Max was there watching my every move and telling me when I wasn't using the right colour!  He is a tough critic!!  Anyhow, in order to really make this card pop I pulled out some of the Big Top Birthday DSP.  I just got this pack through the Buy-3-get-1-free promo and am I ever glad I did!  I LOVE the bright colours and bold patterns!  I can't wait to play with it some more!  Now, I know this card looks a wee bit Red-White-and-Blue, given that I'm in the Great White North, but let's face it, McQueen is the all-American racing champ.   I thought it only fitting to bring in a little nod to his roots.  Plus, I think the stars are perfect for a little boy's birthday.  It got the stamp of approval from Maxwell...now here's hoping Michael likes it too!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Michael will love it, too! After all it passed muster with your in-house critic!
    Such a wonderful card for a little boy birthday!
    I got this paper in the special, too and now I can't wait to go play with it!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...