Saturday, August 20, 2011

Home Again...

...and happily so!  Though it is nice to spend time away it is ALWAYS good to come home!  My son is especially happy to see his daddy...a whole week away from him is a LONG time for a 4-year-old!  I am happy to have high-speed internet again...you don't realize how dependent you are on something until you don't have it for a week!  I hope you enjoyed the projects I scheduled to post while I was away...I sure have enjoyed reading all of your comments!  Don't forget that today is the last day to enter the draw for my Bloggaversary blog candy.  If you haven't already done so, leave a comment HERE and you'll be entered in the draw.  I am going to select and post the winner tomorrow, so be sure to get your entry in  tonight!
So, are you tired of Christmas cards yet?  I sure hope not, because I'm just gettin' started!!  Today's post is another holiday card, this time of the cute variety.  It uses the Stitched Stockings stamp set and coordinating stocking builder punch from the upcoming Holiday Mini.  Speaking of which, have you received your copy yet?  If you're on my mailing list you should get yours this week sometime.  If you're not and would like to be drop me a line and I'll hook you up!  Now, on to the card...

Cute holiday card using the Stitched Stockings set and punch from the upcoming Holiday Mini.
Cute, eh?  I was inspired by Jackie Topa's card here but I was too lazy to do all that punching and sponging for the fireplace.  Enter Well Worn DSP!  Conveniently this pack has BOTH a woodgrain pattern AND a brick pattern!!  Insta-fireplace!  I added some sponged flames (made using the wing from the bird punch) and voila...a cozy fire with stockings hung with care!  I used some of the adorable new mini clothespins to "hang" the stockings and created the banner using the pennant punch and the Calendar Alphabet and Numbers set.  (Come to think of it, I'm not sure why this set is named that way...I don't think I have EVER used it for a calendar!  It is a VERY handy set to have though!  Perfectly tiny letters and numbers for any kind of sign, pennant, banner etc...but I digress...).  What's kind of uncanny is that this card looks just like our fireplace at Christmas!!  I didn't intend for it to, but the colour of the brick and the dark wood mantel is just like our family room!  Weird, huh?!? 
I have to go an unpack all my stamping supplies I took up north with me...believe it or not, I did very little stamping!  It wasn't for lack of trying, mind you...I just couldn't come up with anything I remotely liked.  I did a few cards, but each one was just so-so.  I got really frustrated and just gave up over the last couple of days.  I read three novels instead!  Here's hoping I get my MOJO back quick...I have A LOT of projects to plan and make for my September classes and workshops!  I'll post a couple of the cards I did get done this week...you can judge them for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...