Thursday, September 15, 2011

Something old for someone new...

Today's project is the invitation I designed for my new nephew's baby shower.  We are throwing a party to celebrate his arrival and so that the whole family can meet him.  I used stamps from two retired sets:  Big on Spring and Blissful Bride.  See what you think:

Baby shower invitation using Big on Spring and Blissful Bride sets (both retired)
So, along with the retired images, I used a bunch of new product as well.  The colour scheme uses three of the new In-colours:  island indigo, calypso coral and pool party (kinda makes you want to book a trip down south, doesn't it?).  I used this same colour scheme for the Save the Date cards I did in July...you can see those HERE.  I chose it because it was fairly gender-neutral.  I figured if it was a girl I could play up the coral, but since Benjamin is all boy, I emphasized the island indigo.  I had to keep this fairly CAS so that I could get them done in a hurry and get them in the mail.  Young Benjamin decided to keep us all waiting for an extra week, so the shower is only a month away!  I finished them all tonight and now need to get them in the mail!
My crazy week continues tomorrow with the arrival of my parents.  They are coming to see the baby, but are staying with us, which means more chaos in my household...and less time to tackle my to-do list!  Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...