Saturday, November 5, 2011

Its Digital Scrapbooking Day!

Stampin' Up! is celebrating Digital Scrapbooking Day from Nov. 4 -7th.  This event is designed to highlight some of the fantastic projects you can create using My Digital Studio.  Check out the Event page at MyDigitalStudio.net to learn how you can access FREE digital content during this special event.  Hurry...the event ends Monday, November 7th!

Now on to today's post.  This is another card I designed for my Christmas Club last month.  It uses my favourite set from the Holiday Mini, Christmas Lodge, and makes use of the coordinating DSP called Frostwood Lodge.  See what you think:

Rustic Christmas card using the Christmas Lodge stamp set and Frostwood Lodge DSP from the Holiday Mini

Inside of card using sentiment from Christmas Lodge.
I have to say that this is one of my favourite Christmas cards that I've created this year.  I really love the images in this stamp set but have found it a challenge to use them effectively because they are quite large.  I saw a card online where someone had stamped on the birch-bark-patterned DSP and a light bulb went off.  The result was the focal image on this card.  I added the quilted satin ribbon for richness and embossed the background for additional texture.  I absolutely love the  way Stampin' Up's products all coordinate.  It makes it so easy to put together a cohesive project with very little effort.  The products in the Frostwood Lodge Suite are a perfect example of this (and my  current favorites!)

1 comment:

  1. This card is as pretty inside as it is outside Leena. I really like the layers and the ribbon treatment. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...