Sunday, March 11, 2012

...and finally...one for the boys!

The final card in my buffet line-up is one for the boys.  I always struggle to create simple masculine cards.  I tend to find myself sponging and distressing like crazy in an attempt "man-up" my designs.  For this one I think I finally managed to create something that doesn't take an hour to create!  Have a look...

Boy-card suitable for a masculine birthday or Father's Day.

Inside view.
No sponging in sight!  I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself with this one.  It is, by far, one of the the most CAS guy-cards I've ever done.  I also like how the boat pops out of the wave (yay dimensionals!).
So there you have it...the six design options for my Card Buffet.  If you haven't already done so, be sure to register by next Friday...hope to see you on the 25th!
Now, on an unrelated front, I have had a few people asking where in Austria I'll be travelling with my music kids.  We fly into Vienna, spending 3 days there, and then head to Salzburg for two.  We are performing in a little town just outside of Innsbruck called Zirl.  It is my dad's hometown and I am, quite literally, related to half the town!  We are performing with their community youth band, under the direction of my second cousin.  My kids are really pumped, as am I.  It will be a whirlwind tour, but one I have longed to do since first visiting Austria years ago.  There is so much music history in that country...every musician should visit there at least once!  I can't wait to show my students Beethoven's piano and Mozart's childhood violin, not to mention the homes where those legendary men lived and worked.  The fact that I'll get to see some of my family while we're there is an added bonus.  So, for now, auf wiedersehen...bis spater!

1 comment:

  1. I like this for a masculine card - may have to order this for my husband's future card - and my step son

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...