Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Farewell to Fifth Avenue

Today's post is another in my series of Fond Farewells.  This time we're bidding adieu to Fifth Avenue Floral.  This was the very FIRST stamp set I ever bought.  I purchased it to use for my brother's wedding invitations, which I volunteered to make after having tried stamping for all of 10 minutes!  I had no idea what I was getting myself into!  Suffice to say this stamp set has been VERY well used!  The design for this card was inspired by a contest winner in a recent issue of Stampin' Success, our demonstrator magazine.  Check this out...

Simple Thank you card featuring the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set and sentiment from Sincere Salutations
Pretty simple, eh?  This card took me less than 10 minutes to create.  I started with the rich razzleberry card base and then stamped the flower image in Versamark.  I then heat embossed the images using melon mambo embossing powder.  I added a bit of ribbon, the sentiment, stamped in rich razzleberry ink and viola...quick and easy card.  Of course, I couldn't resist doing a little something on the inside, so I stamped the same floral image in melon mambo ink on a piece of whisper white cardstock and adhered it inside the card.  Although this stamp set will disappear from the catalogue come June 1st, it is one I will most certainly keep in my stash...it's just too pretty to let go!

1 comment:

  1. Great shout out Leena for our demo exclusive magazine 'Stampin Success' and how helpful it can be for ideas!

    Stampin' Up! is a great company that has many resources to help demos!

    Did you update your profile pic? Looks new....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...