Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Make a {birthday} Cake

When I received the Make a Cake stamp set and Patio Party DSP for free as a reward for a promotion during Sale-a-bration, I was excited; however once I finally had my hands on those wonderful new goodies it took me a while to come up with designs I liked.  Does that ever happen to you?  Do you ever have a bunch of new stampin' toys only to sit and stare at them with no idea where to start?  Well, I'm happy to say that my creative block is over and I have a card to prove it!  This card is for my SIL who is celebrating her birthday this week, but I like it so much I think I may use it in my upcoming classes! See what you think...

Birthday card featuring the Make a Cake stamp set with sentiment from Sweet Essentials.
Simple, huh?  I really love this DSP.  The cakes are so fun, as are the many other patterns in the pack.  I also have to admit that I have really grown to love Summer Starfruit.  When it first arrived in my stampin' corner I honestly didn't think I would ever be able to use it...it actually gave me a headache to look at it!  Then I read somewhere that I should think of it more as a neutral (like brown or black) than as a yellow.  That did it!  Once I started to use it that way I really started to see the possibilities and it has worked it's way into my stampin' heart. Its a good thing, because that wonderful shade is featured in just about every pattern in the Patio Party pack!
On another note, just a quick reminder about my giveaway for a free month's subscription to Craft Project Central.  Leave a comment on any of my posts dated July 1st - 7th to be entered in the draw.  The winner will be announced on Sunday, July 8th.  Good luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip about thinking of Summer Starfruit as a neutral. I will have to give that a try as I haven't fallen in love with it yet. I love the dahlia on the cake. So cute. My fingers are crossed that I get a free month's subscription to Craft Project Central.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...