Friday, August 3, 2012

And now back to Christmas!

After a brief venture into Fall yesterday, today I'm back with another Christmas card.  The moment I saw the new Lacy Brocade TIEF in the Holiday catty I was dying to see what it looked like used with the Faux Patina technique.  I knew it would be gorgeous...and I was right!  Check this out:

Faux Patina Christmas card featuring the Ornament Keepsakes and Greetings of the Season stamp sets.
Isn't that stunning?!?  I love the way the embossed pattern almost pops off the page with this technique!  Faux Patina lovers, you MUST GET this folder!  Now, to stamp the ornaments, I couldn't just do plain single-colour stamping with a background like that; so I inked the stamp with Marina Mist and then daubed Always Artichoke around the edges using a sponge dauber.  By the way, both of those colours are ones I used for the Faux Patina technique.  I cut the ornaments out with my Holiday Ornaments Framelits, added a bit of linen thread and some pearls and viola...easy, elegant Christmas card!

If you like this card and would like to get your hands on the Ornaments Keepsake stamp set, check out my Events page for details on my Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Camp coming up at the end of the month.  You won't want  to miss the FOUR beautiful 3D projects I have planned.  Since seating is limited, you'll want to reserve your spot ASAP.  Don't be disappointed!

Now for the REALLY big news!  I'm an Auntie again!  Check this little angel out:

Happy Birthday baby Matthew!
My newest nephew was born just after 9:00 Thursday morning weighing in at a whopping 9lbs, 6oz!  My SIL and little Matthew are doing great.  We seem to make big boys in our family!  We've got all boys and everyone of them was over 9lbs when he was born!  That might explain why all the moms have C-section scars!!  A HUGE congratulations to Donna, Rob and big brother Michael...Matthew truly is a miracle!

1 comment:

  1. This is a stunning card, Leena! I must learn that technique...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...