Friday, September 7, 2012

Fall Collage

Sometimes I love challenging myself to create cards that keep to the basics of stamp, ink and paper.  Today's project is the result of one of  my attempts at keeping it simple (ish):

Simple card featuring the French Foliage  and Perfectly Penned stamp sets.
Pretty basic, huh?  I deviated from my usual fall colour choices and incorporated some equally fall'ish but less used colours:  Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Soft Suede and Cajun Craze.  I have to say that I think this was the first time in over a year that my Bravo Burgundy ink pad has seen the light of day!  Anyhow, I die cut one of the labels from the Apothecary Accents set from a post-it note and used it as a mask in the centre of the card to leave a space for my sentiment and then I went to town stamping the images from the French Foliage set and then sponging using Crumb Cake and Soft Suede inks.  When I removed the mask I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede in the centre of the label shape.  I could have left it at that  but I just had to add a little something  else and cross-stiched the little "X"'s at the points of the label.  Just a little something extra by way of subtle embellishment.  I layered the panel on a piece of Bravo Burgundy card stock and then mounted it on a Very Vanilla card base.  Super simple and easy to do!

2 comments:

  1. I like it! Especially the little added touch of the cross-stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect fall card! I don't have the French Foliage stamp set...yet - lots of possibilites!!
    Great card Leena!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...