Sunday, September 16, 2012

Mummified Fun

Happy Sunday morning everyone!  I hope your weekend is going well.  Our Austrian visitors arrived safe and sound yesterday and after a much-needed night's sleep last night we are preparing for my nephew's first birthday party.  I can't believe he's already a year old...how time flies!  I need to get busy this morning and make is birthday card, but first I want to show you this cute little Halloween ensemble I came up with a while back.  Have a look:

Halloween Treat Ensemble featuring the Googly Ghouls stamp set.
Card with faux stitching

Inside View of Card


Mini Treat Holder made with an up-cycled brad container

Mummified Candy Box made using the Fancy Favour Box die and lots of 7/8" cotton ribbon!
I can't tell you how much I love that little mummy!  He is just too cute and he inspired me to make this entire mummy-themed ensemble.  I got extra mileage out of my 7/8" cotton ribbon by cutting it in half lengthwise.  This made the edges more raw and frayed, perfect for the look I was going for, and allowed me to use far less of it than I would have if I'd used the full width.  I had great fun with this project...why not give it a try?  The little ghouls in your life will love it!
Now off to make a 1st birthday card!  Stay tuned for photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...