Thursday, November 8, 2012

Faux Mother-of-Pearl Snowflakes

Today I have another one of the projects I designed for my techniques class that meets tonight.  It uses the Faux Mother-of-Pearl technique.

Non-traditional Holiday card featuring the Faux-Mother-of-Pearl technique and the Snowflake Serenade stamp set.  Sentiment is from the (retired) Many Merry Messages set.
There are several things about this card that are out of my comfort zone.  Firstly, the non-traditional colour scheme for the holidays.  I am a red and green kinda gal when it comes to Christmas, but sometimes it is fun to experiment with different colours.  Now, I will NEVER decorate my house in these colours for the holidays, but I have to say, I don't mind them on this card.  The second thing that is a wee bit out of the norm for me is the fact that this is a square card.  I don't often do them and to be honest, I find them hard to design!  You wouldn't think a square would be that much harder to work with but honestly, I find it much trickier!  The background behind the snowflakes is the Faux-Mother-of-Pearl, but it doesn't shimmer much in the photo.  The snowflakes are heat embossed in silver.  I added some bling with the brushed silver card stock and the rhinestones.  The sentiment from the retired Many Merry Message set is just the perfect size and font to complete the look.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...