Sunday, December 2, 2012

She's Alive!

Finally!  I am back among the living.  Wow...this one really knocked my entire family out for a whole week!  Not fun and certainly not something I'd wish on anybody!  Thankfully the worst of it seems to be behind us, though my DH is still feeling under the weather.  I am sniffly but certainly much better than I was.  So, that means I'm back to stamping!  Today I have a fun Christmas card I designed a while back for one of my events this season.  The layout is based on a sketch challenge over at Pals Paper Arts, but I am WAY late to enter the challenge!  Even so, I thought you might like to see what I did, so here is the sketch:

PPA147 Nov 15 2012

...and here is my take on it:

Holiday card featuring the Snow Much Fun stamp set with sentiment from More Merry Messages.
Don't you just love the Snow Much Fun stamp set?  Those images are just too cute and beg to be coloured!  I have to say I sold several copies of that set during the Online Extravaganza sale when it was 50% off! On this card I used only a portion of the tall snowman, stamping it with Staz-On and colouring with my Stampin' Write markers.  The DSP in the background is from the Snow Festival pack.  I embossed the bottom of the card base using the Delicate Designs TIEF and then sponged lightly using Whisper White Craft ink for a frosted look.  I also made use of some of the white sweater trim from the Holiday catalogue which gives a cozy warmth to the design.  I took some liberties with the sketch, adding the sentiment banner at the bottom, which I embellished with a bit of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine. 
There are a lot of elements to this card...I just couldn't stop adding stuff!  Gotta love it when those creative juices get flowing!  Here's hoping they keep flowing...a week in bed has put be WAY behind on just about everything!  Time to get back to my stamping corner...enjoy your Sunday, everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Love your adaptation Leena! I especially like how you used the sweater trim which can be a challenge to use sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...