Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday at last!

Wahoo it's Friday!  Another week in the books!  I hope your week was a productive one and that you've got lots of R & R planned for the weekend.  We're heading off to my nephew's christening, so lots of family time on tap for us.
Today I want to show you a card I designed as I've been playing around with new ideas for Kits-to-Go.  You may have noticed that tab disappeared from the top of this page a while ago, but fear not, there will be new kits coming soon!  Anyhow, I am working on a kit to make Man-cards.  So many people I talk to have trouble designing projects for male recipients, I thought it might be helpful if I offered a kit that focuses exclusively on that demographic.  At this point I'm playing with the Clockworks set, which is perfect for just about any guy.  Here is the first card I came up with:

Birthday card featuring the Clockworks stamp set and sentiment from Made For You.
Now, remember, this design is a work in progress...I'm not entirely satisfied with it, but it is a good start.  One thing I am sure of is the colour scheme of More Mustard, Soft Suede and Midnight Muse...such warm, rich, vibrant colours!  I'm going to have fun playing with them as I finalize my designs for this kit!  I also really love the First Edition DSP for adding interest without overwhelming a design with pattern.  It is one of my go-to elements, for sure.  Speaking of go-to products, I couldn't resist using an Antique Brad here...still my very favourite embellishment of all time!!  Every project just looks better with one of those beauties on it somewhere!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent 'man' card Leena! Love how you used the lower corner to host the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this set for man-cards. I use it for all of my masculine cards now along with Comfort Cafe DSP but I really like how you used the First Edition DSP. I'm going to have to try it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...