Monday, January 21, 2013

Water Colour Silhouette

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend filled with  lots of relaxation and a little stamping!  Most of my weekend was spent on household tasks, so I didn't get as much stamping time as I'd hoped, but I do have a few projects to show  you  this week.  Today, I want to show you another card I designed for my monthly techniques class last week.  It uses a technique I call Water Colour Background.  Have a look:

Thank you card featuring the Serene Silhouttes stamp set with sentiment from Lovely Little Labels.
This technique took me a while to master, but once I figured it out, it really was quite easy...and the results are fantastic! Much of the success of this technique lies in the choice of colours.  Here I used So Saffron, More Mustard, Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip, after seeing them used for this technique by a fellow demonstrator.  I love the way they blend and create a beautiful sunset background.  I stamped the tree image from Serene Silhouettes in Early Espresso.  The rest of the card is quite simple.  I used a bit of the woodgrain patterned Natural Compositions specialty paper and some of the fantastic new Natural 7/16" ribbon to add some texture.  The button is on of the Naturals Designer buttons from the Annual Catalogue and I added a couple of bitty button brads from the Vintage Trinkets.  The little tag is stamped using the Lovely Little Labels set and punched with the Jewelry Tag punch.  I didn't really set out to create a masculine card, but this most certainly has lots of manly features, though I'm sure most women would be happy to receive it as well!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Leena! All elements blend together very well! You'll have to teach me that technique!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...