Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Two More Sleeps!!

Can you tell I'm just a wee bit excited about this new catalogue??  I'm also really pumped about my Open House on Saturday.  I can't wait to hear all my stamping friends' reactions when they get their first look at the catty...so much fun! 
Today I want to show you another project  we'll be doing on Saturday.  I designed it from this week's sketch over at The Paper Players.  Here is the sketch:



And here is my card:

Masculine Birthday card for PP147 featuring the Epic Day DSP and Label Love stamp set.
I love this sketch because I allowed me to showcase this awesome DSP without using a ton of any one pattern. I used four different patterns, adhering it to a piece of Basic Gray card stock before running it through my Big Shot wth the Honeycomb TIEF.  I added some Epic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape, some silver mini brads an a bit of 7/16" Natural Ribbon Trim for more texture.  The sentiment is from the fabulous new stamp set called Label Love and is punched using the coordinating Artisan Label punch (extra bonus:  this duo is available as a discounted bundle in the new catty!!).
Don't forget to confirm your attendance at my Open House on Saturday...its going to be a TON of fun!

4 comments:

  1. Love this....these papers are so cool, I can never decide which one to use, so it was perfect for the sketch, right....use several! I also think Label Love is one of my favorite new sets...just love that shape and the vintage feel to the font! Thanks for making my sketch look so awesome this week, and sharing it with us at the Paper Players!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Leena! The DSP is beautiful, and the washi tape, ribbon and brads add texture. Plus I love how you embossed the entire front panel, it really pulls it all together. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the sketch, Leena! I love the honeycomb embossing over all the dsp and you've used the washi tape expertly! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card,leena. I love the fact that honeycomb was your theme throughout. Great color choices, too. So glad youjoined the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...