Friday, June 14, 2013

Late Again!

Wow!  I am really behind the 8-ball this week!  I was to have posted the latest offering from CPC yesterday but was so caught up in the drama around my son's school I completely forgot.  My sincerest apologies to Christy Fulk who designed this terrific mini album:

Mosaic Flip Flop Album designed by Christy Fulk


Isn't that cute?  I am so going to make a couple of these to give as gifts for some moms-to-be I know!  This is such a fun album to make!  There are eight 6" x 6" pages in this album, along with eight half page flaps.  Everyone will love how the pages "flip flop" when looking through it.  The album features the new  Mosaic Madness stamp set and the new Quatrefancy Specialty Designers Series Paper (DSP). You can access the tutorial for this project either by visiting Craft Project Central and subscribing to June or by liking my Facebook page and entering my draw for a free subscription.  If you choose the latter, be sure to do it by the 15th.  I'll be announcing a winner on the 16th!
Now for an update on the status of the fundraising effort to save my son's school.  Firstly, a HUGE thank you to all who made donations.  I am very touched and humbled by the generosity of so many of my stamping friends.  We raised an unbelievable $109,762.00 is just 9 days!!  That is well beyond our goal of $81,000.  The difficulty now is that several of the students who had pre-registered in March have chosen to go elsewhere due to all the uncertainty.  We are currently 3 students short of what is needed to balance the books.  As I type this post, the church officials are meeting to decide whether a vote should be taken to reopen the school.  We are all hoping and praying for a positive outcome.  We are confident that given another year we can turn the school's finances around and make it self-sustaining.  We don't know when a final decision will be made.  I will be sure to keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...