Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Time for some more sketch Inspiration!

Well now that I'm on holidays I am able to stay  more on top of my poor blog!  Believe it or not, I'm actually AHEAD on my sketch inspiration projects!  Hard to believe, I know, but since I will be gone for 6 days for convention I wanted to have some things to pre-post for you while I'm away.  Today I have another take on this months sketch:


Friendship card featuring the Perfect Blend stamp set and Soho Subway DSP.
This time I used the sketch on a vertically oriented card.  That's something to keep in mind when working from a sketch...don't limit yourself to the orientation of the original sketch.  Play around with it...rotate it, flip it until you come up with something you like.  The sketch is always just a starting point.
For this card I stamped the coffee cup image in Early Espresso (of course!) on some Naturals Ivory card stock.  Now why is it that I'm only now discovering how fantastic that stuff is?!?  I was able to shade the cup using my blender pen and just the ink from the stamped image without the card stock tearing or pilling.  How great is that???  I grunged it up a bit with my spritzer, some spots from the Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit stamps and lightly stamped the Off the Grid stamp in the corners as well.  I matted it on a piece of Early Espresso card stock cut just 1/8" larger than the focal image piece...this gives a very narrow border.  I used three different patterns from the Soho Subway DSP pack...I'm going to need to get more of that stuff during this month's B3GO promotion.  I used the grid for the background and again, grunged it up a bit, this time also adding little bits of Washi tape in the corners. Sooo....there you have it!  Another take on a great sketch.  Now go make something!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...