Thursday, August 15, 2013

Time to Get Twisted!

It's the 15th, which means it is time for a new challenge over at The Technique Twist!  I have to say I am loving be part of the design team for this awesome challenge blog...it is pushing my creativity in all sorts of directions!
Today's technique is Emerging Colours (aka Joseph's Coat).  I've featured this technique before.  You can see that project HERE.  Here is one of my new Twisted projects:

Thank you card featuring the Everything Eleanor stamp set (124164) with sentiment from Lacy and Lovely (122887)
Now, if you've been following my blog for a while, you know this isn't exactly my style.  I'm not really a froo-froo, lace-and-pearls kinda gal, but this card sort of took on a life of it's own and this is what I ended up with.  It is pretty, I suppose, but not the type of card I'd generally design (or give to any of my friends, for that matter!).  It looks like something one would send their granny (if I had one!) :(


So, if you've been dying to create something to send to your granny, or you just love this style and want to recreate it for yourself, here are some tips...
  • I started the stamped panel with a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I stamped the flourish from Everything Eleanor in Pear Pizzazz and the flower in Raspberry Ripple.
  • I stamped the label from Everything Eleanor over top of the stamped images using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
  • I sponged (heavily!) all over with Always Artichoke ink.  The goal is to cover as much of the stamped images as possible.  The clear embossed label will resist the ink.  Be sure to wipe off the embossing to remove any excess ink when you're done sponging.
  • I used Raspberry Ripple Core'dinations card stock for the background panel and embossed it using the Fancy Fan TIEF.  I then sanded it lightly to expose the lighter-coloured core.
  • I added a Tea Lace Doily peeking out behind the focal point.
  • The sentiment is from the Lacy and Lovely stamp set and is stamped in Always Artichoke in on Sahara Sand card stock.  I punched it with the Large Oval punch and layered it on a Scallop Oval punch in Raspberry Ripple.
  • There is no short cut for the pearls...each one gets placed on each scallop.  Tedious?  Yep.
This technique has been around for a while, but it sure was fun to try to come up with something new.  Give it a whirl and be sure to link up at The Technique Twist this week!  We'd love to see what you come up with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...