Thursday, December 5, 2013

Festive Flurry Ornament Kit

I am seriously loving the Festive Flurry Ornament Kit!  The finished ornaments are so darned pretty and really easy to make.  I used the kit as one of my Make-n-Takes at my Customer Appreciation Open House last weekend and everyone really enjoyed it.  Here is what the finished ornament looks like:

Holiday ornament made with the Festive Flurry Ornament Kit (135813)
Now, I have no intention of using these as tree ornaments because my tree is a traditional red and green one; but I do intend to use them as beautiful gift toppers for just about everyone.  I'm going to add a little tag with the recipient's name on it which can be removed afterwards if they want to use it on their own tree.  Here are a few more shots showing the dimension to the ornament:



I couldn't just stop at doing the ornament as shown in the how-to video, so I took it up a step...


...and made a pretty little gift box!  I added extra ribbon and a leftover Designer Build-a-Brad from last spring's Occasions catalogue.


I stamped the box using the Endless Wishes photopolymer set (which is sadly no longer available) and Crumb Cake ink.  I added the ribbon in such a way that the box could be opened and closed without having to remove the ribbon, so the box can be reused over and over again!


I think I'm going to use these boxes to package my famous Empire Biscuits that I make every Christmas and give them as gifts to my colleagues at school.  I think they'll like them.  Now to find the time to bake!!

1 comment:

  1. This ornament is gorgeous and on a box or package is a wonderful idea. Then it is reusable for the receipent. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...