Sunday, December 1, 2013

I'm Baaack!

Did you miss me?  Wondering where I've been for the past week?  I wish I had an exciting tale of exotic travels to share with you, but alas, I've just been uber busy!  It is Concert Season for us band directors, which means extra rehearsals, performances and lots and lots of schlepping equipment.  This week promises to be just as nutty, but I have some projects done that I've pre-posted, so hopefully I won't leave you hanging again!

Today is the first day of a brand-new month, which means it is time for a brand-new challenge over at The Technique Twist.  This time we are Double Stamping.  Now I have only ever heard of this technique referred to as masking, but now I've learned a new name for it!  Here is my card:

Wintery card featuring the Double Stamping technique using the Best of Snow and Festive Flurry stamp sets.
I have to admit, I had some trouble getting this to work...I've been away from stamping so long it took me several tries to get my creative Mojo working again!

 Here is a quick how-to for this card:
  • starting with a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the Let It Snow label using Bermuda Bay ink.
  • I punched a bracket label (the same shape as the stamped image) out of a post-it note and stuck it over the stamped label to mask it.
  • I stamped the larger snowflake in Pool Party ink randomly over the card stock.
  • I stamped the smaller snowflake in Coastal Cabana randomly all over the card stock
  • I stamped the larger snowflake again using Versamark ink and then heat embossed with Irridescent Ice embossing powder.
  • At this point I remove the post-it note mask.
  • I sponged along the edges of the stamped card stock using Pool Party ink.
  • I layered the stamped card stock on a piece of 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Bermuda Bay card stock and then adhered the whole thing to a Smokey Slate card base.
  • I die cut a snowflake frame from Silver Glimmer Paper using the Festive Flurry framelits and adhered it over the label using Dimensionals.
  • I added a little red bow made from 1/8" Taffeta ribbon in Real Red.
  • I added a little extra bling with some strategically-placed rhinestones.
Here is a shot of the inside of the card...it is pretty self-explanatory:

Inside view with sentiment from the Endless Wishes Photopolymer stamp set (sadly no longer available!)
 Give this technique a try this week and link up over at The Technique Twist...we'd love to see what you come up with!

Now I need to take care of some business!  Yesterday I held my annual Customer Appreciation Open House.  I had a wonderful afternoon visiting with some of my favourite people.  It give me great pleasure to annouce the winners of my door prizes (drawn by my expert impartial judge, Max!)...

Winner of the Pop 'n' Place Tags Kit:  Pam Radtke

Winner of the Build a Banner and Accessories Kit:  Connie Renna

Winner of the Big Shot Magnetic Platform:  Chris Light

Congratulations to all!!

One more bit of news...be sure to check back tomorrow for some 24-only Cyber Monday deals from Stampin' Up!  There are some fantastic items on sale for tomorrow only.  Also, don't forget that tomorrow is also the final day of the Holiday Sale.  Don't miss out on the great sale prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...