Friday, January 10, 2014

Yippee Skippee...

...it's Friday!!  Why is it the first week back after a vacation seems sooooo long??  With the crazy weather we've had here it seems like last weekend was a month ago!  I am SO happy to see the end of this week.
Today's project perfectly reflects my mood today.  It is another birthday card I designed for my All About Birthdays Buffet coming up in a couple of weeks.  Check it out...

Birthday card for a child featuring the Storybook Friends, Yippee Skippee and Just Saying stamp sets.
I love this image of a little dog running with his ears flapping in the wind!  So cute!  Paired with the Yippee-Skippee and Woo-hoo sentiments he is even more adorable.  The dog is from the Storybook Friends stamp set.  I stamped him using black Staz On and then coloured his spots with a Crumb Cake marker.  The word bubble woo-hoo is from the new Just Saying stamp set from the Occasions catalogue and was die cut using the coordinating Word Bubbles framelits.  The DSP I used is from the Fresh Prints DSP stack, which is also in the new Occasions catalogue.  I added a bit of white Baker's Twine and some sparkle with an arrow cut from Silver Glimmer paper using the small arrow from the Label Card Thinlits die set.

Inside view with sentiment from the Bring on the Cake stamp set.
For this inside of the card, I punched several little banners using the new Banner punch from the Sale-a-bration brochure and glued them across the top.  The sentiment is from the Bring on the Cake set and is stamped in Real Red.  This card could easily be changed to a congratulations card by simply switching out the birthday sentiment inside.  Gotta love versatile!

If you are interested in attending my All About Birthdays Card Buffet but haven't registered yet I have good news and bad news for you.  The bad news is that the Friday evening session is now full.  The good news is that I have added a second session on Saturday morning, January 25th from 9:30-12:30.  The same projects will be available at both sessions, so hopefully everyone who wants to attend will be able.  I'd hate to have to turn anyone away from a stamping event!  Be sure to register soon so you aren't disappointed!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable! Can't believe I still haven't purchased this stamp set! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...