Saturday, February 15, 2014

It's Saturday...

...and here I am, which means it's challenge time over at The Technique Twist.  This week's challenge is using Puzzle Piece Resist technique.  Check out my project:

Thank you card featuring the Creative Elements, Flower Shop, Petite Petals and From My Heart stamp sets and featuring the Puzzle Piece Emboss Resist technique.
Firstly, let me warn you that this is not a quick, 10-minute project, though it is pretty accessible if you have the right tools.  Here is a quick how-to:
  • I started by heat embossing, in gold, the flourish image several times on a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White card stock.
  • I die cut a banner, from the embossed card stock, using the Banners Framelits.  I left the die in the negative cardstock after embossing, removing the die cut banner, and then sponged all over with Island Indigo ink, using the die as a mask around the banner-shaped cut-out.
  • I die cut another banner of the same size from Gold Foil card stock and then embossed it using the Pretty Print TIEF.
  • I glued the sponged card stock, inserting the gold banner in the negative space, to a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Brushed Gold card stock.
  • I wrapped some gold Baker's twine around the panel several times and tied a bow.  Then I adhered the card front to an Island Indigo card base.
  • The flowers are heat embossed in gold on vellum card stock and then punched out using the Pansy and Petite Petals punches.
  • The sentiment is stamped in Island Indigo ink and then die cut using the Apothecary Accents Framelits.
  • The sentiment and the flowers are adhered using dimensionals.
  • The gold sequins are adhered using glue dots.
 I really like this technique...I've used it several times in the past.  It is always fun to try something new and add a twist.  My twist was the swapping of the embossed gold foil banner...I really like the way it pops and draws attention to the sentiment.  If you have time this long weekend, give this technique a try and play along over at The Technique Twist...we'd love to see your creation!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...