Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Simple Kid's Birthday Card

Well, March Break is over and it certainly went out with a bang...and not in a good way!  Saturday morning I discovered water in our basement...in the corner where I have my stamping stuff!!  The carpet was sopping wet as were many of my projects and supplies.  After shedding some tears, it was full damage-control mode, getting as much of my stuff out of harm's way as quickly as I could.  Then it was all about the clean up and rearranging our basement.  Not the way I wanted to spend my Saturday, but I am happy to say that I now have a new (dry!) stamp area that is a little leaner on supplies, but that works better than my old set-up.

Now, if only I had time to use it!  Sunday morning we got word that my husband's 94-year-old aunt had a massive stroke and was nearing the end of her life.  My DH dropped everything and drove 2-1/2 hours to see her in the hospital.  Needless to say yesterday was not a good day.  As of my writing this post, she is still hanging on, but barely; which means a funeral and all that entails later this week.

As if that weren't enough, the person who does our morning childcare and gets our son off to school each day is out of the country for the next four weeks, which means we have to pick up the slack.  My DH and I are taking turns going into work late each day, which means a hectic flurry of trying to get caught up when I do finally get there.  Monday morning was the first day of what promises to be a very long four weeks!  Ugh!

So, enough complaining...if you're still reading, let me show you a really quick and easy birthday card I made a while back...

Birthday card featuring the Tag It stamp set and Birthday Basics DSP
This was another one of those use-up-what's-on-your-desk cards.  I had lots of scraps of Birthday Basics DSP sitting around as well as bits of Stitched Satin Ribbon.  This card kind of made itself...except for the stamping, which I did by inking the stamp using markers to achieve the multi-coloured image.  It's a bit tedious, but worth the effort when you see the end result.  Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of the inside of this one and my photo cube isn't set up yet after Saturday's fiasco!  You'll just have to use your imagination!!

Before I let you go, here are this week's Weekly Deals...lots of my favourite embellishments on sale...time to stock up!





Pewter Stampin' Emboss Powder Item # 124114
Regular Price: $4.75 US/$5.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $3.56 US/$4.46 CAN




Silver Glass Glitter Item # 120995
Regular Price: $3.95 US/$4.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $2.96 US/$3.71 CAN




Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Emboss Powder Item # 122950
Regular Price: $4.75 US/$5.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $3.56 US/$4.46 CAN




In Color Boutique Details Item # 130938
Regular Price: $8.95 US/$11.50 CAN
Discounted Price: $6.71 US/$8.63 CAN




Vintage Trinkets Accents & Elements Item # 118764
Regular Price: $5.95 US/$7.50 CAN
Discounted Price: $4.46 US/$5.63 CAN




Scallop Trim Border Punch Item # 118402
Regular Price: $15.95 US/$20.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $11.96 US/$15.71 CAN




Crisp Cantaloupe 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim Item # 130021
Regular Price: $8.95 US/$12.50 CAN
Discounted Price: $6.71 US/$9.38 CAN




Grad Party Ensemble - Digital Download Item # 129877
Regular Price: $9.95 US/$10.95 CAN
Discounted Price: $5.97 US/$6.57 CAN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...