Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Quickie

I am just heading out the door with my family for an overnight getaway to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls but wanted to do a quick post to show you a fast and easy card...

Masculine birthday card featuring the Sassy Salutations stamp set
It doesn't get much easier than this one!  I started by laying down three strips of Washi tape.  The scalloped black pattern is from the Sweet Sadie pack, the Real Red diamond pattern is from the Beach House pack and the Bermuda Bay triangles is from the Everyday Adventrures Project Life Accessory Pack.  After applying the Washi tape I ran the card stock through the Big Shot with the Triangles TIEF and then adhered it to a Real Red mat before gluing it to a black card base.

The sentiment, from the Sassy Salutations set, is stamped in Bermuda Bay and trimmed into a pennant.  I added some Bermuda Bay baker's twine to a piece of Basic Black card stock and then adhered the sentiment strip with dimensionals.  I adhered the whole thing to the card using dimensionals as well.  I added some glimmer stars I had leftover from another project.

Inside view with images and sentiment from the Be The Star stamp set.


On the inside I stamped and die cut a star from the Be the Star stamp set and die cut it with the Stars Framelits.  I layered another glimmer star and then added the sentiment, also from the Be The Star set and matted in Bermuda Bay, to the centre.  Easy peasy and perfect for a young man celebrating a special day!

1 comment:

  1. Fun card! Great idea placing the washi tape down before embossing. I love the added texture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...