Thursday, July 31, 2014

Celebrate in Pink

Can you believe it's the last day of July already???  Where did the month go?  My holidays are passing way too quickly!  August means I have to start on school work again to prepare for classes to start in September.  Let the Back-to-School dreams (nightmares!) begin!  Today I decided to try this week's challenge over at Sunday Stamps.  It is all about the pink!




I am not generally a big fan of girlie pink, but I AM happy with the way this card turned out.  I based my design on an old sketch challenge from CAS(E) this Sketch...

Birthday card featuring the masking technique and sentiment from And Many More (134276)
To create the different circles, I began by punching sticky notes with various sizes of circle punches ranging from 1-1/4" down to 1/2".  Then I stuck one at a time on my card stock and, using sponge daubers, sponged on Blushing Bride and then Strawberry Slush ink.  I didn't cover the entire area with the Strawberry Slush so that I got a cool shadow effect.  Once I finished all of the circles I ran the card stock through the Big Shot using the Decorative Dots TIEF to add some texture.  I matted it on Strawberry Slush card stock and adhered it to a Ver Vanilla card base.

The sentiment, from the And Many More set, is stamped in Strawberry Slush and then trimmed with the Banner punch.  I embellished it with a bit of Strawberry Slush thick Baker's Twine, a glimmer star and a Vintage Faceted button before adhering it to the card with dimensionals.

Inside view with another sentiment from the Any Many More set.
On the inside I sponged a few more circles, stamped the sentiment in Strawberry Slush and added a few more rhinestone.
The ONLY thing that is saving me from utter dispair over the end of my month of total freedom is the fact that August brings the Holiday Catty pre-order for demonstrators!!  I am so in love with just about everything in this new catalogue that I simply cannot wait to get my order in.  I'll be up at the crack of dawn tomorrow placing my order in the hope that it ships out by the weekend.  That means I'll have my goodies by next weekend...woohoo!  So many fun new products to play with!!

7 comments:

  1. Very fun & fresh card Leena - you do pink so well. And I love the way you did the shading on the circles.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the Holiday Catty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super fun card! Love the circles! Really like the glimmer star! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps for our pink color challenge! Hope you will create with us again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout of this card and all those fabulous pink circles! The sparkly star really adds a nice touch. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you made your circles with sponging several shades. The silver star looks great too! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this fortnight--please join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty.. I love the color on those circles. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card but I don't understand how you colored the circles. Did you color the sticky notes and then pasted them down on the card, or what. For some reason I am not understanding this and it is just me because the other that have commented seem to understand. Sorry.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      To create the circles I punched the sticky notes to create a hole in each one. Then I used the sticky note as a stencil and sponged inside the hole. Does that help? Hope so...it's a fun technique!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...