Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Something a little Different...and some exciting news!


Click the image to learn more!


If you haven't tried Paper Pumpkin, now is a great time to sign up--get 50% off your first two months. With a deal like this, you'll want to invite everyone you know to give it a try too!  Use the code HALFOFF2 to join Paper Pumpkin before September 10, 2014, and get 50% off the first two months! After that, keep the creativity coming for only $24.95 + tax per month (shipping included). 
This offer is for new subscribers only and is available for month-to-month subscriptions, not prepaid subscriptions.  The discount applies to one kit per month for the first two months of a new subscription. After the first two months, the price for each month's kit will go to the regular price: $24.95. Visit MyPaperPumpkin.com to join...and don't forget to choose me as your demonstrator!

Now on to some stamping...
For my team meeting last week I decided to switch it up a little and instead of doing a card as our make-and-take, we altered the little Kraft Grid Journals from the new Annual catalogue.  I thought it would be something my gals could use to take notes at meetings and jot thoughts and questions throughout the month in between meetings.  Here is the journal we made:

Pocket Journal featuring the Kinda Eclectic stamp set and Dictionary background stamp.
This one was fun to make because it involved a whole lot of layering of images.  I started by stamping the Dictionary background on the front of the journal using Sahara Sand ink.  Next I stamped the sunburst image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set in Hello Honey.  I then stamped the leaves several times in Mellow Moss, some full strength, some stamped off once.  I also stamped the leaves on a label I die cut with the Apothecary Accents framelits from the new Typeset specialty paper.  I stamped the dots in metallic gold, both full strength and stamped off.



 The doily is heat embossed in gold and then trimmed to fit behind the label.  The little flower embellishment is made with Simply Pressed clay and is heat embossed in gold.  I added a little bit of stitched satin ribbon in Blackberry Bliss and some linen thread.  The butterflies are stamped in Blackberry Bliss, with the smaller one being stamped off, and then punched with the Elegant and Bitty Butterfly punches.  I added a couple of sequins for the body of the butterfly.  I love this look and it was fun to create it on something other than a card.  I will enjoy carrying this little journal in my purse...I hope my team members will too!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...