Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lest We Forget

Today is a solemn day of remembrance.  It is the day on which we honour and thank those who have sacrificed so much for the freedoms we often take for granted.  In honour of this special day, I designed this card:

Thank you card featuring the Pleasant Poppies background stamp with sentiment from Regarding Dahlias.
The poppy is the international symbol of remembrance, so I thought it only appropriate to use the Pleasant Poppies background stamp. I coloured the lone poppy using the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Blendabilities sets.



I created the gold frame around the shaded poppy by punching a 1-3/8" circle from Gold Foil paper and then die cutting around the negative using the Circles Framelits.   The sentiment, from the Regarding Dahlias stamp set, is heat embossed in gold and punched with the Decorative Label punch.  I used Basic Black card stock to mat the stamped image and Real Red for my card base.


On the inside I simply stamped a portin of the Pleasant Poppies image again in black. 

I plan to send this card to the family of Corporal Nathan Cirillo, the unarmed soldier who was gunned down in Ottawa a couple of weeks ago.  This Remembrance Day I would encourage you to thank a veteran and pause to remember that freedom is never free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...