Sunday, November 16, 2014

Purple Haze for Sunday Stamps!

Today's new colour challenge over at Sunday Stamps is all about the purple! 



Now, I will admit, these are not colours I use often...in fact my Perfect Plum ink pad is in almost pristine condition!  It was a true challenge for me to come up with a project featuring these colours.  Here it is:

Birthday card featuring the Everything Eleanor, Papillon Potpourri and Simply Sketched (retired) stamp sets, and using the Stampin' Mist ghosting technique.

 Since I had my monthly techniques class this past week, I decided to use one of the techniques we would be doing on my project.  We were learning the Stampin' Mist Ghosting technique, so I decided to try it with this colour scheme.  Here is how I did it...

  • I sponged Whisper White card stock with Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum and a touch of Elegant Eggplant ink.  
  • I spritzed the flourish image from the Everything Eleanor stamp set with Stampin' Mist until it was quite wet.  Then I stamped the image on the sponged card stock, allowing the stamp to sit on the card stock for a few seconds before removing it.  The flourish image begins to appear and gets more pronounced as the Stampin' Mist dries.
  • Once it was dry I stamped the flourish again using Versamark ink, offsetting it from the ghosted image, and then heat embossed in silver.


Inside view with sentiment from World of Dreams.
 On the inside I stamped the flourish again in Perfect Plum.  The sentiment is from the World of Dreams stamp set.
I would love to see your take on this colour challenge, so be sure to give it a try and then enter your project over at Sunday Stamps.  Have a great Sunday!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...