Monday, November 10, 2014

Whirlwind Weekend!

I'm not quite sure how it can possibly be Monday already.  I don't seem to remember having a weekend!!  What a crazy couple of days!  The good news is that part of my craziness involved designing new projects for various events I have coming up.  The first one I have for you features my beloved Blendabilities...

Christmas card featuring the Christmas Bauble stamp with sentiment from the Good Greetings set.

I designed this one for my Blendabilities Club this month.  They are receiving the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities set, so I focused on Christmas-themed projects.  To create this look I began by heat embossing the Christmas Bauble image in gold.  Then I coloured the image using the Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Blendabilities sets.  The top of the ornament is coloured using the gold Stampin' Dazzle Marker.

Once I had finished colouring the image I fussy cut it out using my paper snips and adhered it to a Whisper White card front that I had embossed using the Filigree Frame TIEF.  I added some Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon and a bit of long-retired gold elastic cord I had in my stash.  The only bit of bling is a single rhinestone in the centre of the ornament that I coloured yellow using my Daffodil Delight Blendabilities.  The sentiment from the Good Greetings (retired) host promo set is heat embossed in gold.  I used Crumb Cake for my card base.

Inside view with sentiment from the Beauty of the Season stamp set.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Beauty of the Season stamp set and added some holly that I trimmed from the Christmas Bauble image.

I love the way this one turned out...hope my Blendabilities Club members do too!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card. The gold embossing and gold cording really sets off the beauty of the card nicely

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...