Sunday, January 4, 2015

Celebrate with Cake!

Happy first Sunday of 2015!  Today it is time for a new challenge over at Sunday Stamps.  Our first challenge of the year is a sketch:




...and here is my take on it:

Birthday card featuring the Big Day stamp set, availalble January 6th for FREE during Sale-a-bration!

Let me first say that this year's Sale-a-bration offerings are off-the-charts awesome!  This stamp set is such fun...so much so that I have designed a brand-new Kit-to-Go that features it (more on that next week)!  For this project I not only used a Sale-a-bration-exclusive stamp set, but also the Best Year Ever DSP and a button from the Best Year Ever Accessories pack.  Talk about an overload of fantastic, free, coordinating products!


To create this card I used the Tiny Triangles TIEF to emboss the Soft Suede background layer and I used the Finishing Touches Edgelits (which, by the way are on sale this week!) to get the decorative zigzag edge on the Coastal Cabana layer.  The card base is some textured Crushed Curry card stock I still had hanging around from when Crushed Curry was in In-Colour (no, I am NOT a hoarder!)  The cake is stamped in Soft Suede ink on Sahara Sand card stock, punched with the 1-3/4" circle punch and then lightly sponged with Soft Suede ink.  I layered the stamped image on a Crushed Curry starburst, die-cut with the Starburst Framelits.  The sentiment is stamped in Soft Suede ink on Crushed Curry card stock and then fussy cut.

On the inside I stamped another of the sentiments from the Big Day stamp set in Sahara Sand ink and then stamped a border of candles using Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry and Soft Suede inks.
I am SOOO excited for Sale-a-bration this year!  So many amazing products...so little time to play with them! 
We at Sunday Stamps would love to see your take on our sketch this week, so give it a go and then be sure to link up your image so we can marvel at your creative genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...