Monday, February 23, 2015

Colouring 101 - Beautiful Blendabilities

Happy Monday!  I hope you had a fabulous weekend.  My hubby and I got to have our belated Valentine's celebration last night with dinner at one of our favourite local restaurants.  The perfect way to end the weekend :)
Today I have my final post in my series on colouring.  I'm all about the Blendabilities today.  Since these awesome tools were released last spring I have used little else to colour my stamped images.  It was good to go back to my blender pens and water colouring for this series, as it has reminded me just how wonderful each medium can be, depending on the look I want.  So, here are some projects using my beloved Blendabilities:

Birthday card featuring the Bloom with Hope stamp set with sentiment from Blooming with Kindness
For this one I stamped the flower images from the Bloom with Hope hostess-exclusive stamp set using Memento Tuxedo black ink.  I coloured them using the Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight assortment Blendabilities sets. I used Old Olive for the leaves and stems.  The background layer of Basic Black is embossed using the Pretty Print (retired) TIEF. 



The sentiment is from the Blooming with Kindness set and is heat embossed in gold and die-cut using the Apothecary Accents framelits.  The wee butterfly is punched from gold foil card stock using the Bitty Butterfly punch and embellshed with rhinestones.

.Here is another project featuring the Blended Bloom stamp.  I kept the same Calypso Coral colour scheme as on the projects from my previous posts in this series so that you can see the difference in the colouring media.

Thank you card featuring the Blended Bloom stamp with sentiment from Sassy Salutations
I stamped the Blended Bloom image in Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured it using the Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight Blendabilities assortments.  The sentiment, from Sassy Salutations is also stamped in Tuxedo Black ink.  The edge of the panel is embossed using the Delicate Designs TIEF and embellished with some ribbon from the Best Year Ever Sale-a-bration Accessory pack.





So now the question is:  Which colouring media do you like best?  In case you missed them, here are the previous projects using the Blended Bloom set for easy comparison:

Coloured using a Blender pen and ink pads.
Coloured using an Aquapainter and ink pads.
Leave me a comment telling me which one you prefer...I'm interested in hearing your opinion.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...