Sunday, February 1, 2015

"Love" this Sketch

Happy Superbowl Sunday everyone!  If you're like me, the best thing about the Superbowl is that everyone in my house is glued to the TV, which means I can escape to my craft cave and stamp the night away!

Today it is time for a new challenge over at Sunday Stamps.  Here is our sketch:




...and here is my project for the Design Team:

Valentine's Card featuring the Countless Sayings 1 photopolymer set and the Hello You Thinlits.
Now, it also happens that this project works with the Valentine's challenge over at Stampin' Royalty...hmmm...you'd think I planned that or something! 

This sketch is so terrific...so many possibilities!  I have other projects planned using it...stay tuned!  As for this card, I pulled out my Countless Sayings 1 photooploymer set...haven't used that one in AGES!  I began by adhering three Washi tape strips along the left edge.  The red tape is retired, but the gold is from the Watercolour Wonder pack and the black is from the Stacked With Love pack.  I stamped the LOVE image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then coloured it with the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities.


I die-cut the word 'you' from Basic Black card stock using the Hello You Thinlits.  The little gold foil hearts are punched with the Confetti Heart punch.  I added some Basic Black Baker's twine and a little black button from my stash and layered the whole card front on a piece of Real Red card stock.  Then I mounted it on a Basic Black card base.

Inisde view with sentiment from Good Greetings (retired).

On the inside I stamped the sentiment from Good Greetings (that awesome hostess promo set from last fall) using Real Red ink.  I added a few more little gold foil hearts, leftover from the front of the card.

So...are you ready to give this one a try?  This sketch is so flexibile...you can do just about anything with it!  Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's projects and then give it a go.  Then share it with us over at Sunday Stamps.  Happy Superbowl stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Leena, I am with you on the football. I do love to watch the commercials! I love your card! The washi tape and twine/button look fabulous! I have this set, you inspired me to get it out and make a card with it! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. I can't say you've inspired me because I want to make it exactly like yours! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! That big, bold sentiment really makes you want to say "wow"!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...