Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Sending Love Your Way

Happy Tuesday!  Today feels more like a Monday here...we had a snow day yesterday!!  We got upwards of a foot of snow in just 12 hours, which pretty much ground everything to a halt.  Both my son and I had a day off school...only my poor hubby had to trek through the snow to get to work.  Poor guy :(  I made it up to him with a crock pot full of chilli, a pan of homemade corn bread and fresh-from-the-oven apple crisp for dinner.  I think he enjoyed it ;)
Now for today's project...Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I have a class coming up this weekend where we will be making some projects to let the special people in our lives know just how much we love them.  This is one of the projects we'll be making.

Valentine's card featuring the Perfect Pennants and Celebrate Today stamp sets.
To create the cloudy sky background layer I punched a post-it note with the 2-3/8" circle punch and then used it as a mask to create the puffy clouds.  I started with a piece of Whisper White card stock, adhered the scalloped circle and then sponged with a dauber and Soft Sky ink.  Then I moved the mask and sponged some more, repeating this process until I had covered the entire piece of card stock.  The basket of the balloon is from the Celebrate Today stamp set and is stamped in Basic Black ink.  The balloon is die-cut using the Balloon Framelits from Stacked With Love DSP.  I also die-cut the little banner from silver glimmer paper using the same framelit set.

The words Sending...your way are from the Perfect Pennants set.  I simply omitted the "good thoughts" portion of the stamp by inking the words I wanted with my Basic Black marker.  The blank space left was perfectly-sized for the die-cut "love", cut from Real Red card stock using the Expressions (retired) Thinlits.  The background Real Red mat is embossed using the Happy Heart TIEF.  I added some little silver glimmer hearts, punched with the Confetti Hearts Border punch, spilling out of the basket.  The card base is Soft Sky card stock.

Inside view with sentiment from Good Greetings (retired) stamp set.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Good Greetings (retired) stamp set in Real Red ink and added some little hearts in Soft Sky ink using the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card... love all the layers and of course my favourite colour combo - red, black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the measurements of the card base for this awesome card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barb...so glad you like it. The card base is a standard 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...