Thursday, April 9, 2015

Faux Patina'd Hello

Tonight I am holding my monthly techniques class where I am featuring two techniques to help get more from our Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.  One of the techniques I'll be teaching is the Faux Patina technique.  Here is the project we'll be doing:

Thinking of you card featuring the Tap, Tap, Tap stamp set and using the Faux Patina technique
I wanted to include a masculine card in this month's class and the Faux Patina technique is perfect for a man-card!  I began by inking the Alphabet Press TIEF with Crumb Cake ink and running it through the Big Shot with a piece of Whisper White card stock.  Then I sponged the entire piece with Island Indigo ink, followed by Always Artichoke and then Early Espresso.  I ran the embossing buddy all over it and then lightly ran the Versamark ink pad across the raised letterining.  I sprinkled on some gold embossing powder and heated.  The result is a WOW everytime! 



I layered the embossed panel on a Crumb Cake card base that I stamped all over with the image from the Tap, Tap, Tap stamp set and lightly sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  The DSP is from the Typeset pack and is punched with the Spiral Border punch and distressed with Crumb Cake ink.  The typewriter image is heat embossed in gold on Very Vanilla card stock and then lightly sponged with Sahra Sand ink.  The sentiment is stamped in Basic Black.  I added a mini library clip (retired) and some Linen Thread by way of embellishment...suitably manly, right?

On the inside I stamped and other sentiment from the Tap, Tap, Tap set in Basic Black and the border image in Crumb Cake ink.  If you haven't yet tried this technique I highly recommend it...just beware...it is a wee bit addictive!

Don't forget...the FREE SHIPPING promotion expires tomorrow at midnight.  Don't miss out on the savings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...