Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Flower Patch Ghosting

Happy Tuesday!  I hope your week got off to a good start :)  My son started his baseball season last night, so summer mustn't be too far off!

Today I have a sneak peek at one of the projects we'll be making in my monthly techniques class next week.  This one uses the ghosting technique.  Check it out:

Thank you card featuring the Flower Patch stamp set with sentiment from Work of Art.
I just love the fresh, spring-like colour scheme on this one.  I began by stamping several  images from the Flower Patch stamp set using Whisper White craft ink on Crumb Cake card stock.  Once that was dry, I stamped over top of the white images using the three Colorbox Chalk inks from the Occasions catalogue: Aquamarine, Rose Coral and Yellow Citrus.  While it isn't necessary to use chalk inks for this technique, I like the soft colour they offer.    You'll notice I didn't quite line up the images exactly, but that is part of the charm of this technique.

The sentiment is from the Work of Art set.  I stamped "thank" in Crumb Cake ink and "you" in Coastal Cabana.  I punched the sentiment with the 1-3/4" circle punch and then layered it on a 2" circle in Coastal Cabana.  (What will I ever do without that colour??? *sob*)  I added some pearls that I coloured with my Blendabilities as well as a bit of thick baker's twine in Coastal Cabana.

On the inside I stamped several of the flower images again using the same inks I did on the front, leaving plenty of space to write.

I'm pretty excited that I get to pre-order my new Annual Catalogue Sneak Peek products today!  With any luck they'll be here by the weekend and I'll have lots of new surprises for you next week!

Now, here are this week's new Weekly Deals.  As always, prices are good until Monday at midnight:

1/16 Handheld Punch by Stampin' Up!
1/16" Circle Handheld Punch
Price: $11.95 
Sale:  $8.96
1/8 Handheld Punch by Stampin' Up!
1/8" Circle Handheld Punch
Price: $11.95  
Sale: $8.96
2 Circle Punch
2" Circle Punch
Price: $22.95  
Sale: $17.21
Gift Box Punch Board by Stampin' Up!
Gift Box Punch Board
Price: $24.95  
Sale: $18.71
Gold Baker's Twine
Gold Baker's Twine
Price: $3.95 
Sale:  $2.96
Soft Sky 1/2 Seam Binding Ribbon
Soft Sky 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon
Price: $9.50  
Sale: $7.13
Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper by Stampin' Up!
Sweet Taffy Designer Series Paper
Price: $13.50  
Sale: $10.13
Wisteria Wonder 1/2 Seam Binding Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
Wisteria Wonder 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon
Price: $9.50  
Sale: $7.13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...