Thursday, May 7, 2015

Watercoloured Sunshine

I am SOOOO excited!  My new catalogue pre-order is scheduled for delivery today...yippee!!  So many fabulous new toys to play with this weekend!  I can't wait!
For today, I have another sneak peek at a project I'll be doing with my techniques class next week.  We're going to try faux watercolour using the Painted Petals stamp set.  Check this out:

Any occasion card featuring the Painted Petals and Crazy About You stamp sets and using the faux watercolour technique.
I began with a 3" x 5-1/4" piece of watercolour paper which I spritzed with water so that it was fairly wet. Then I stamped the blossom images from the Painted Petals stamp set using Blackberry Bliss ink. The water on the paper caused the ink to run.  I stamped the leaves using  Mossy Meadow ink and again, the ink ran, but not quite as much as I had wanted, so I spritzed with a bit more water.  Then I took an aquapainter and added a bit of Crushed Curry ink in the centres of the flowers for just a hint of colour.  The faux watercoloured panel is adhered to a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock that is embossed using the Spring Flowers TIEF and sponged used Mossy Meadow ink. 


The die-cut "hello" is done with the Hello You Thinlits from gold foil card stock.  The sentiment is from the Crazy About You set and is stamped in Mossy Meadow ink.  I added some stitched satin riboon in Hello Honey to make the little hints of yellow in the watercolouring pop. I really love this look and can't wait to play with it some more!

1 comment:

  1. I am lovin' that technique - beautiful card Leena!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...