Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Watercolour Wednesday

Happy hump day!  So glad this crazy week is half over...just a couple more days till the weekend!

Today I have a project I did with my team at our monthly meeting this week.  We were focusing on new products from the Annual catalogue and this make-n-take sure uses lots of them!

Thank you card featuring the Watercolour Wings stamp set.
There are so many awesome new products on this card that are fast becoming favourites of mine.  For starters, that corrugated specialty paper is the bomb!  I love it!  Fabulous texture in neutrals that go with just about anything.  You'll definitely be seeing more of that in the future.  Here, I cut a piece to 4" x 5-1/4" and then tore it on the diagonal to get my background piece.  I layered that on a piece of Crush Curry card stock and added the Tangelo Twist strip, embossed with the Honeycomb TIEF, along the right side. That is adhered to a card base made of Kraft card stock.



Now, there is a story to the butterflies.  I had planned to use the Watercolour Wings stamp set to create my butterflies, which I did, to a point.  When I opened my new stamps I discovered that rather than receiving two sheets of different stamps (which is the way it is supposed to come) I had two of the same sheet of stamps.  That meant I was working with half a set, so I had to improvise.  (Just so you know, Stampin' Up is sending me a whole new stamp set...they have awesome customer - and demonstrator - service!).  To get the solid background for the two butterflies I first die cut the solid large butterfly from scrap card stock using the Bold Butterfly Framelits and the small one using the Butterflies Thinlits.  Then, using the negative as a stencil, I sponged the two butterflies in Crushed Curry ink.  I then could stamp the various texture stamps that I had from the Watercolour Wings set in Tangelo Twist and in Versamark so I could heat emboss in gold.  Then I die-cut the two stamped images using the same dies I did to create the stencils.

I die cut the two detailed butterflies using the Butterflies Thinlits and the Bold Butterfly Framelits from gold foil sheets and adhered them over top of the stamped ones...they are a perfect fit. 


The final touch was the addition of a sentiment using one of the Expressions Natural Elements...love those!

On the inside I stamped the smaller butterfly image (that was included on the half set I had) in Crushed Curry ink full strength and then again stamped off once and twice.  I added the detail layer in Tangelo Twist ink in the same manner.  The sentiment is also from the Watercolour Wings set and is stamped in Tangelo Twist.

Inside view with sentiment from Watercolour Wings.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...