Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Thank You Leaves

Happy Tuesday!  Can you believe we are already halfway through September?!? 

I just have to share how much I truly love what I do!  I had my monthly Tri-City Stampers team meeting last night and it was SO good to spend time with friends who share my love for all things Stampin' Up!. I was really tired after working all day and, to be honest, wasn't feeling like holding a meeting, but I drew energy from my amazing circle of stamping friends and by the end of the night I was energized and inspired.  Isn't it amazing how spending time sharing what you love with others feeds your soul?
Today I want to share one of the make-n-takes we did last night.  We were all about the Lighthearted Leaves set and fall colours...

Thank you card featuring the Lighthearted Leaves stamp set with sentiment from One Big Meaning
I began with a piece of Into the Woods DSP...I often forget that you can stamp on DSP just as easily as you can on card stock (and wanted to remind my team of that too). I used stencils I created with vellum and the Leaflets Frameltis to sponge my various leaves.  I played with fall hues: Chocolate Chip, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Early Espresso.  I so love these rich, earthy tones!  Ones I had sponged my leaves I stamped the various leaf images over top using Early Espresso ink. I love the way the patterned DSP gives subtle texture to the leaves.

The sentiment, from the One Big Meaning stamp set, is stamped in Early Espresso ink on Whisper White card stock and die cut using the Circles Collection Framelits. I layered that on a 2" circle punched from gold foil sheets.  I added some gold metallic thread and then layered the sentiment on a Mossy Meadow label die-cut using the Lots of Labels Framelits. The card is built on a Mossy Meadow card base.

On the inside I simply stamped the leaf images again using Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry inks.

Just a reminder that today is the day new Weekly Deals post.  Be sure to check them out in the upper right side bar of this page.  Remember that sale prices are good until next Monday at midnight.

Here is the complete list of products I used to create this card.  Clicking any one of them will take you directly to my webstore for easy ordering.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Great card...thanks for the tip about stamping on DSP! Have you heard about the new Global Design Project Challenge? It just started last week for stampers all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hadn't heard of the Global Design Challenge, but I just checked them out. Will definitely have to add them to my list of fav challenge sites!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...