Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Magic of the Season

Today I have a project I designed recently for my November Christmas card buffets.  It features the Home for Christmas DSP.

Holiday card featuring the Cozy Christmas stamp set and Home for Christmas DSP
This layout really grew out of another, completely different, sketch I had seen. It is a bit unusual for me to use a sentiment as my focal point, but I think it works in this case. I began by heat embossing the sentiment in gold on Very Vanilla card stock. I die-cut it using the Circles Collection Framelits and layered it on another circle cut from Real Red card stock. The label is punched from Mossy Meadow card stock using the Ornate Tag Topper punch. I punched both ends so that I could add the ribbon at both the top and the bottom.

I added half of a gold metallic doily peeking out from behind the label. Behind that I layered two different patterns from the Home for Christmas DSP pack which I then mounted on a Real Red card base.  The only embellishments are some 1/8" Striped Ribbon in Real Red, a wooden Snowflake Element and some rhinestones.

On the inside I added another little tag that I also heat embossed in gold and punched using the Note Tag punch.

Here are all of the products I used to create this project:


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

  1. Such a comforting card...the DSP and the sentiment compliment one another perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...