Friday, November 13, 2015

Red and Green Christmas

Happy Friday!  Are you as happy as I am that this week is finally over??  It has been a VERY long one around here.
Today I have a project I designed for my final set of Christmas card buffets this season. Recently a customer remarked that I really don't do red-and-green Christmas cards...and when I thought about it, she was right! I tend otoavoid traditional Christmas colours like the plague...LOL.  So, today I am rectifying that with a very traditional colour palette...

Christmas card featuring the Jolly Christmas stamp set.
How's that for traditional??  I used Real Red, Old Olive and Whisper White, along with a hit of gold glimmer.  I stamped the Real Red background with the snowflake images from the Jolly Christmas stamp set using ink of the same shade. I also sponged the edges to add some depth. The DSP strip is from the Merry Moments pack.

I added a tree die-cut from white Corrugated Paper using the Perfect Pines Framelits (which are ON SALE THIS WEEK!). The sentiment is die-cut from gold Glimmer paper using the Wonderful Wreath framelits. I also added a little Reindeer Clip and a Real Red Candy Dot for his nose. The whole card is built on an Old Olive card base.

Inside view with sentiment from Versatile Christmas.
On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Versatile Christmas set in Real Red ink and added a little gold glimmer star.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend...be sure to check in on Sunday for a new sketch challenge from Sunday Stamps.  Till then, happy stamping!

Here are the products used to create this project:



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...