Monday, December 28, 2015

Celebrate with Cake

What occasion isn't made better with cake??  I can't think of a single one! Today's project is all about the cake and features more sneak peeks of new Occasions Catalogue products...

Birthday card featuring the Party with Cake stamp set
Now that's a card I can get excited about :) I can also get excited about all the new products I used! I started with some It's My Party DSP. I used the "Rip and Flip" method here, cutting my DSP panel slightly longer than needed, ripping it and then flipping the torn piece over and overlapping it with the original...voila...instant background. I layered the DSP on a Sahara Sand card base, which is the perfect neutral to allow the bright colours to pop.

The sentiement is from the Party with Cake set. I stamped it in Basic Gray Archival ink and then coloured it with a Crushed Curry Stampin' Write marker. I used the Lots of Labels Framelits to die-cut my label. On another strip of Whisper White card stock, I stamped the word "celebrate" again using Melon Mambo ink to create my banner and highlight that very important word. The slice of cake image is also from the Party with Cake set and is stamped in Melon Mambo ink, punched using the 1-1/4" circle punch and layered on a silver glimmer 1-3/8" circle. To add a little extra sparkle I used a few strands of silver metallic thread. I also added a few of the new It's My Party Enamel Dots by way of embellishment.

Inside view with sentiments from the Party Wishes and Party with Cake stamp sets.
On the inside I stamped this fun sentiment from the Party Wishes stamp set in Basic Gray ink and then stamped the slice of cake image again, stamped off twice, over top. I added the Happy Birthday greeting from the Party with Cake set, stamped in Melon Mambo ink, as well as a little silver glimmer balloon punched using the new Party Punch Pack, which also includes a wee cupcake and candle. Love how cute those punched shapes are!

Now, most of the products I used on this project will not be available until January 5th when the Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-bration go live. Here is a list of the currently available items I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...