Monday, February 8, 2016

Paper Pumpkin to the Rescue!

Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was pretty low key, as both I and my husband are suffering from a nasty sinus cold that is making the rounds. Not much fun, and not much stamping happened. However I did manage to get some Valentine's treat holders made for my son's party coming up this Thursday. Because I was feeling so crummy I turned to my January Paper Pumpkin kit for inspiration.  Here is the end result:

I am so happy with the way these turned out, mainly because they were relatively quick and easy to make. Because I needed 30 treat holders, I needed to make my kit stretch as far as possible. So I used the Hearts Collection Framelits to die-cut the scalloped hearts from card stock. I drew the colour scheme from the colours in the kit: Watermelon Wonder, Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride and Smoky Slate. I adhered the patterned-paper hearts that came in the kit to the card stock scalloped hearts I had cut to create a little pocket to hold a treat. Then I decorated each heart with some of the banners that came in the kit, as well as the sequin trim and twine that was also included. The plain wooden mini clothespins came in the kit.  The Watermelon Wonder one in the following photo is from the All Boxed Up project kit and is perfect for this project!

I used the Hello You Thinlits to die cut the word "happy" from coordinating shades of card stock and adhered the die-cut word using the Fine-tip glue pen. The "Valentine's Day" sentiment is from the (retired) Good Greetings stamp set. I stamped it using Watermelon Wonder ink. The little silver glimmer heart is die cut using the Hearts Collection Framelits.

The final touch was a few silver heart sequins from the Metallics Assortment, which I also adhered using the Fine-tip glue pen. Now to get out and buy some treats to fill these pretties!

Have a great week!

Here are the products (besides the Paper Pumpkin kit) used to create this project:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...