Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Celebrate March!

Can you believe it is already March?? Winter is nearly over...at least that's what the calendar says. Here, in Southern Ontario,  we are hunkering down for a big dump of snow tonight...our first of the season. That's pretty unusual for us crazy Canucks, so I guess we can't complain. Here's hoping that if March comes in like a lion it goes out like a lamb and we have a nice mild Easter!

Today I have a project I designed for an upcoming class featuring the Balloon Celebration bundle...

Birthday card featuring the Balloon Celebration stamp set and coordinating Balloon Bouquet punch.
The photo of this card really doesn't do it justice...it sparkles and shines like crazy! I started with a piece of Shine On Specialty DSP...it really does shine. Those clouds are metallic silver...I love it against the neutral Kraft background. I layered a strip of Bermuda Bay DSP from the Have a Cuppa stack to act as a backdrop for my sentiment. I stamped a solid large balloon using the Balloon Celebration stamp set in Bermuda Bay and then punched it using the Balloon Bouquet punch. I then made it shine with my clear Wink of Stella glitter brush...so love that magical tool! It's like spreading pixie dust when I use that thing! The smaller balloon is punched from silver foil sheets, also using the Balloon Bouquet punch.

I added some silver metallic thread to the balloons and just left it hanging loose. I used an Expressions Natural wood element for the sentiment. What doesn't show in the photo is the fact that I also brushed that with the Wink of Stella clear glitter brush...sooo magical! The final touch, because there wasn't quite enough sparkle and shine on this card, were a few silver metallic sequins.

On the inside I stamped the sentiment from the Balloon Celebrations stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink on a panel of Whisper White card stock. I added a couple of little bitty balloons punched using the Party Punch Pack from Have a Cuppa DSP and silver foil sheets. The little strings are from the Party Wishes stamp set and are stamped in Smokey Slate ink.

I hope you have a fabulous day...be sure to check out the new Weekly Deals...so AWESOME products on sale this week!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...