Monday, May 2, 2016

Cheery Cherry Thanks

Happy Monday...and happy month of May! Next to October, this is my favourite month of the year. I love the freshness of spring colours and the warm sunshine. The fact that there are only two more months till summer vacation doesn't hurt either ;)

Today I have a cheery little thank you card I made a while back using the Apple of My Eye stamp set...

I was in desperate need of thank you cards to send to my customers so I sat down to play with the Apple of My Eye stamp set and discovered that the cherry images coordinated perfectly with the Cherry On Top DSP pack! I love it when stuff like that happens!!
I began by stamping the stem and leaf images several times using Cucumber Crush ink on a 2" x 5-1/2" strip of Whisper White card stock. Then I added the cherries using Watermelon Wonder ink. I also stamped the cherries twice on a scrap of Whisper White card stock, punched them out with the 1/2" circle punch and popped them up on the stamped strip. I added the sentiment, which is also from the Apple of my Eye set, in Basic Black ink. The background DSP is from the aforementioned Cherry on Top DSP stack. I matted it with Watermelon Wonder card stock and adhered it to a thick Whisper White card base which I had embossed using the Decorative Dots TIEF.

I decided it needed a little more pop so I added some Crystal Effects to the punched cherries to make them shine and added some Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim to the stamped strip.

On the inside I stamped the stems, leaf and cherries again, stamping off once. Then I added another sentiment from the Apple of My Eye set in Basic Black.

As I typed this post, I realized just how many of the products I used on this project will be retiring at the end of the month! The DSP, stamp set, lace trim, Crystal Effects AND the embossing folder are all on the Retiring List...YIKES! Good thing there's LOTS to love in the new Annual Catalogue! I can't wait to place my pre-order tomorrow morning...stay tuned for lots of new projects using new products next week! In the meantime, be sure to pick up the items from your wishlist that are going away before it is too late.

Have a great week!


Product List
Big Shot
[113439]
$136.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...